Late Breaking Abstract Submission is now closed!
Submitting Authors will be sent e-mail notification by the 31st August, 2016.
The late-breaking abstract deadline is not an extension of the regular abstract submission deadline.
A late-breaking abstract should contain new information. It may comprise
· either results that were not yet known, or fully available, on the regular abstract submission deadline, May 18, 2016.
The submission system will only allow you to select E-Poster as presentation type –please note that final allocation will be E-Poster or Rejected – a few oral slots are available for top scoring late breakers.
Please follow the instructions listed in this website step-by-step.
- Images, tables, diagrams, and graphs must be saved and uploaded as JPEG files. Other file types cannot be accepted. Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
- If submitting for a Video Presentation - please select the topic Surgical Films - abstracts must be submitted as TEXT like a regular abstract - and if accepted we will advise you details on how to send in your actual video for onsite presentation.
- Abstracts submitted via fax will not be accepted.
The presenting author is expected to attend the conference and present the poster or oral presentation. The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission. Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be required to confirm the following:
1. I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
2. Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
3. The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content (“Content“) provided to the 16th Biennial Meeting of the International Gynecologic Cancer Society. (Hereafter: “The Organizers”). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
3a. For US government employees only:
The Abstract Submitter represents that his/her employer is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to the 16th Biennial Meeting of the International Gynecologic Cancer Society. (Hereafter: "The Organizers"). To the best of the Abstract Submitter's knowledge the publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive right to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content for any purpose. The Organizers understands and agrees that the Content is a U.S. government work and as such the Content are not subject to copyright protection.
4. The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
5. I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
6. No changes can be made to abstracts once they are Final Submitted.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
· Presenting author’s contact details
Full postal address
Daytime and evening phone number
· Author and co-authors’ details
Full first and family name(s).
Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
· Abstract title – limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
· Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements. (Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the
number of words.
· Abstracts should clearly state:
· Background and aims
· Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word
appears the first time.
· Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
· Abstract category – abstracts must be allocated to a specific category for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category most suited to your abstract. To preview the categories – please click here.
· Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 10 words.
· Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 10 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract. The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only.
· Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Programme.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee. Consideration will be given to the author’s preference concerning poster or oral presentation. Presenting authors will be notified via e-mail regarding the status of their abstract acceptance. The committee descision is final.